1. What is your fee for coming to the house and assessing it for an estate or moving sale?
Our consultation and meeting with you is free of charge.
2. If the executor lives out of state, can we still have an estate sale?
Yes, we handle everything through email and registered mail. We also work with local realtors and lawyers.
3. What happens at the first meeting?
We assess and discuss different options for handling your sale.
4. Should we throw away clutter and garbage in the house before calling you?
No. "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Let us take care of the separating for you. That is part of our service.
5. Should we get rid of old postcards, magazines, newspapers, cleaning supplies, jars of bolts and screws, etc.?
No. All items can be sold.
6. Should we donate clothes, towels, sheets and linens to goodwill?
No. These items can be sold.
7. Do we need to rent tables, display cabinets or clothes racks?
No. We will supply anything that is needed to display the merchandise.
8. How should we handle it when there are some items we want to keep, but do not want to remove them from the house?
If the items can be moved, they will be moved and secured in a certain room or area of the house. If they cannot be moved, they will be marked "not for sale."
9. What happens to items that do not sell?
Our sales are very well attended and most items sell. The items that do not sell can be sold to a dealer or donated to charity for a tax deduction (your preference).